Tuesday, June 2, 2015

12 Hours To Go

6/2/2015 - As I make my final preparations before venturing out on this crazy journey I am finding it hard to pinpoint my feelings. I am so incredibly excited because I am finally heading back to the place that so drastically changed my life, however; I am going on this journey alone for much a longer time than I have ever been in DR before so that is a little scary. My flight leaves at 7:10 a.m Wednesday morning and I stop in Atlanta to catch a connecting flight to Santo Domingo; I will land in Dominican Republic at 1 p.m! For those of you who have never been to the Atlanta airport it is the size of a small town, with a train to transport people to their gates so you could call that intimidating. I will be picked up at the Santo Domingo airport by a VisionTrust Dominicana employee and I officially start my work as an intern! Prayers for safe and smooth travels would be much appreciated, I have never flown by myself before so that is the biggest thing giving me anxiety as of now. I will try to update everyone at least once a week but I am planning on every other day as long as wifi and my energy levels cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment