Saturday, June 6, 2015

Day 1 - Jenny Rice Team

As day 1 comes to a close I am physically exhausted. That 6:45 wake up call was undesirable for sure but it ended up being a great day. By the end of my five weeks interning I think I'll be a lover of coffee as it is the only option for caffeine but so far I think my consumption of coffee has been mainly cream and sugar but hey, it got the job done. Today consisted of home visits, painting and listening and learning from the testimony of the woman, Maria, who founded this particular DR project (Altagracia). While walking around the community we had to navigate busy and hectic Dominican roads where you drive wherever and however you want as long as you don't hit anyone, bridge language gaps and create relationships with the locals. The team stopped by a house of a boy who broke his leg playing yes, of course, baseball. The team prayed for a healthy and quick recovery for the boy who attends the school Maria started. We busted out preparations for VBS and painted the entire school building after walking around. It was a busy and very humid day. The days will only become more packed considering VBS starts on Monday with a kick off carnival tomorrow so prayers for sustained health and energy for the team members, myself included. Pray that God will work in us and through us to reach and help more kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment