Sunday, June 7, 2015

Bridging the Distance

What I continue to find comfort and happiness in would be knowing that while my family and friends are an ocean away I have a family here in Dominican Republic. I am working closely with Ramon (Nacho) who was one of my translators from my first trip. Not only have we remained friends over the course of 4 years but we continue to pick up where we left off as if I never went home. It has been a blast to work with him and continue to grow in our friendship! I love the fact that I have a Dominican big brother, well actually not just one, I have a lot of family in DR. All of the translators I have come into contact with such as Ronald, Dehuel, Nehemiah are like family and I have new brothers like Ray and Billy. The relationships I have with the locals isn't something that fades or disappears when I board a plane bound for Atlanta. These friendships span oceans and language barriers. The thread that weaves all of ours hearts together would be the love and faithfulness of God. I cannot thank God enough for the amazing people I have met here. Oh I have also concluded that I am indeed Dominican. Here are something photos from the past couple of day:






No comments:

Post a Comment